Education and communication are key components in protecting your children from online predators, harassment, cyber bullying, sexting, pornography or violent content, illegal P2P downloads and identity theft. Join the GuardChild Community to become a Cyber Parent and learn how to protect your family from these online threats.
We at GuardChild believe it’s important for you to understand the dangers online and talk with your children about these issues and how they can avoid posting the wrong information or giving away their passwords and get themselves into trouble.
Below is a sample of the resources we’ve put together for you.
- Operation Predator (Department of Homeland Security): 866-347-2423
- US Customs (child pornography): 800-BE-ALERT
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children: 800-THE-LOST
- What is Cyber Bullying?
- Cyber Bullying Tips and Videos
- Cyber Bullying Resource for Parents and Educators
- Cyberbullying Research Center
- Sexting 101 – Guide for Parents
- Sex and Tech: What’s Really Going On
- Download Harvard Sexting Report
- Tips to Prevent Sexting
- Identity Theft Information
- Stealing Babies Identity
- Products to Protect Your Identity
- FBI – How to Protect Your Good Name from Identity Theft
- Twitter Safety Tips for Parents
- Facebook Family Safety Center
- Parents’ Guide to Social Networking Websites
- Facebook Tools for Parents & Educators
- Guide to Social Networking Websites
- FBI- A Parent’s Guide to Internet Safety
- Kids and Socializing Online
Texting and Driving
- Graphic video Texting while driving
- Texting While Driving Statistics
- Studies Show Texting While Driving Is Epidemic
- Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL) Laws
- Dating violence in Teen Relationships
- Identity Theft – Protecting your family in today’s digital world.
- Facebook use grows by 700%
- Social Network Protection – Love them or hate them; social networking sites aren’t going anywhere
- Three in Four Parents Spy on Children Online?
- Children on Internet: How Could They be Safe Beneficiaries?
- Guide helps explain Xbox Parental Controls
- Safety Tips for Tweens and Teens – OnGuard Online
- Expert warns against allowing children on computers
Child Internet Safety
- For Working Parents – Protecting Children from Internet Dangers During Work Hours is Key (ContentWatch)
- Learn about the dangers of Cyber-Bulling
- Internet Safety Tips (GuardChild)
- Is My Child OK Online (Clark and Kathy Kidd)
- Internet Safety Page for Kids, K-5 (US FBI)
- Mobile Phone Safety, Stop Cyber Bullying, Parents guide for Internet slang, Computer safety links and more… (Tri Mountain Charter School District Students)
How to Select Child Protection Software
- A Parent’s Guide to Texting, Facebook and Social Media
- Cyber Savvy
- A CyberCops Guide to Internet Child Safety
- How To Protect Your Child from Sexual Predators
- Internet Protect Your Kids: Keep Your Child Safe from the Dark Side of Technology
- The Guide to keeping Your Child Safe on Facebook
- Look Both Ways: Help Protect Your Family on the Internet